An Episcopal Church Vestry serves many of the same functions as the boards of directors or trustees in non-profit organizations.
Our Vestry consists of the Rector and eight parish members elected by parish members to three-year, staggered terms at an annual meeting in January or February. Appointed annually by
the Rector, the Senior Warden serves as the Vestry chairperson in the Rector's absence. The Junior Warden, elected annually by the Vestry, oversees our Building and Grounds.
The Rector (or, in his or her absence, the Wardens) presides at Vestry meetings. The Vestry meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm.
The Vestry's primary responsibilities are:
• Lead in the financial support of the parish, including adopting an annual budget
• Evaluate parish direction annually
• Support the rector
• Maintain liability and other forms of insurance
• Establish short-term goals and a long-range vision for the parish
• Maintain a digest of parish policies, records and vestry decisions
OUR VESTRY FOR 2016
• Henry "Budd" Kaas, Senior Warden
• Gene Menke, Junior Warden
• JacE Macy
• Ann Teal
• Lea Burcham
• Joe Mann
• Laurie Muench
• Josie Powell, Clerk
RETURN TO MINISTRIES